First image in new snap shot series.
Brighton sea front has lots of interesting seaweed. I’ve often thought it would be interesting to use in mixed-media collage, in a similar way to how I use textile when sewing textile collage. It’s an idea that’s gurgling around in my head right now.
Last Friday I went to the beach for ice cream with a friend and her 6 year-old daughter. We were playing with the seaweed, when I decided to put it on my face to make me look like a gorilla or some kind of wild animal. I was intrigued when Flo picked up a different kind of seaweed and used it to make monster teeth!
- Seaweed Printing (abh21.wordpress.com)
- Mermaid-Wands (valleyoakfamily.wordpress.com)
- Seaweed? More like PEE-weed! (ask.metafilter.com)
- Seaweed as a rich new source of heart-healthy food ingredients (eurekalert.org)
- Avocado-seaweed face and hair mask (bluerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Seaweed as a rich new source of heart-healthy food ingredients (physorg.com)
- Kelp, other seaweed could provide biofuels in future (news.bioscholar.com)
- BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT | Red seaweed turning ‘green’ for Manchester skincare entrepreneur (kitsapsun.com)