Vancouver Island (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Day 22 of the A-Z Blogging Challenge and the letter V.
Out cycling along the seafront today, I got off and walked awhile and chatted with a woman from Estonia. She was resting on a bench, her walking poles propped beside her.
Olympic Mountains (Photo credit: brewbooks)
“What’s the best place?” she asked.
“The best place?”
“Yes, the best place in the world?”
I stood and looked out across the Salish Sea to Port Angeles and the Olympic Mountains. The cool sea breeze, fresh on my skin and in my lungs; the sun warm on my face.
“I asked because someone asked me that this morning,” she said.
“What did you say?” I asked, a knowing smile on my face.
“Here. Victoria,” she said.
“Yes,” I replied, “I came back here after 17 years away, the last 10, in Europe. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the world.”
Crocus Beacon Hill Park – about 2 weeks ago – how time flies!
blog posts, more ideas coming up for A-Z.
- Max 300 words, may even push myself down to 150,
- things that amaze me, everyday, write max 300 words about something that amazes me
- 300 positive words a day – would def have to push this one down to 150 – wow, not that it’s that hard to find positive things to write about – but everyday, Monday – Saturday, in April, following the letters of the alphabet. It’s that letters of the alphabet business that would make that topic tough.
- A-Z Victoria
- A word a day – chosen randomly from the dictionary. There would at least be plenty of words to choose from, though the random part could make it tricky. Al over at How to be Liked… writes a wordy blog about words; gives me an idea on how to make the word posts more interesting.
- Influences – again, the alphabet part would be tricky.
- Bread – my bread posts are popular. It’s like the food posts. People liked the food posts, so I wrote more about food, now people like the bread posts…maybe I should write more about bread. A-Z bread…..huh. Whaddya think? Bread is really expensive in Victoria. $5.00 for a decent loaf. That’s insane, especially when you consider how much wheat Canada grows. Why do we have to pay so much for decent bread here? In fact, good quality food in Victoria is insanely expensive. See! I’m already negative! 273 words – would def have to keep positive posts under 200 for sure!
- Also because I’m taking this web design course at Camosun, and the whole idea is to sell my services as a content creator, maybe I should write A-Z posts on random topics/businesses/products and make every post ‘pro’?
But wait a minute…I’ve got homework to do!
Help me out here – what do you think would make a good A-Z topic for me this year? Any ideas?
- Try Geothermal Bread in Iceland (traveltipstogo.wordpress.com)
- Word Wizard (app-oplexy.com)
- A-Z Challenge 2013 (the-view-outside.com)