Start your day with a good breakfast and you’re stoked for the day. These days I’m big on oatmeal. Not the artificially flavored, one serving per package kind that you cook in the microwave. Nor do I mean the chopped up porridge oats that you buy in bag that says ‘porridge’. Rather I’m talking about the big fat oats that take a while to cook.
My current favorite is this recipe, cooked with quinoa for added protein.
- 2 T raw quinoa
- 4 T rolled oats
- 1 apple – chopped into chunks
- 1/2-1 inch (depending on your preference) raw ginger, peeled and sliced
- a handful of dried cranberries
- a couple macadamia nuts (whole)
- a couple of brazil nuts (chopped)
- 1 T golden linseed
- 1 T shelled hemp seeds
- Oats: Rolled Oats (alisonamazed.wordpress.com)
- In Praise of Oats (fooducate.com)
- Evolving Oatmeal (thegreengeek05.wordpress.com)
- Proatmeal: My Pre-workout Meal (mannixcastro.com)
- Mother of all grains (renfield8.wordpress.com)