Blogger Jennifer Ward Pellar of MilitaryZeroWaste commented that she really likes the audio track I made with the sound of dripping water, so I thought I’d introduce you to the creator of that dripping water – Soundclouder Dave McKeown.
He’s also made a track using nothing but voices of Soundclouders. He sent out a request for recordings of people saying either ‘Sound’ or ‘Cloud’, then mixed the 200+ recordings to make a track. (Yeah, my voice is there, Dave says several times! Can you find it?)
Dave has also helped me a lot with my recordings, listening to and commenting on my tracks, and answering technical queries with long, technically informative emails, and links to helpful pages. He’s a top-notch Soundclouder. Don’t know why he’s never yet been Soundclouder of the Day. He certainly deserves it. (Maybe he has, and I missed it? But I don’t think so.)
…and it runs in the family. His daughter is ace deejay Shibby-Shitegeist. Dave gave her Cubase and Reason to play with before she was even 10 years old! It’s paid off. They also perform and make tracks together. Here’s a sample:
Here’s the track I made with Dave’s water…mixed with Alemwp’s kalimba on Rhythmic Four.
- Audiophilic startup SoundCloud raises a reported $50M (venturebeat.com)
- A guide to SoundCloud (liesdamnedliesstatistics.com)
- Busy busy busy on Soundcloud (alisonamazed.wordpress.com)
- SoundCloud: Your Favorite Social Sound Site on Your Mac (mac.appstorm.net)
- Music Lovers: Why Aren’t You Using SoundCloud? (makeuseof.com)
- Why I Will Continue To Use SoundCloud (thedigitalminstrel.wordpress.com)