I got a nice celeriac in last week’s veggie box, and used 3/4 of it for a soup, reserving the other 1/4 for a salad. The soup was to die for. Just what I needed with a cold so bad it’s coming out my eyes.
Method and Ingredients
- Preheat a heavy bottomed pot
- chop 4 medium cloves of garlic and one small onion
- add a little oil to the hot pan
- toss in the onion and garlic, and 1 bay leaf, and reduce temperature
- chop the celeriac into 1/2 inch cubes, and add to pan
- chop 2 medium carrots, and add to pan
- stir all together, add some freshly ground pepper and a dash of salt, cover with a lid, and leave to cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning
- after about 10 minutes there should be some juice coming, stir and gradually add boiled water, to just cover the veg.
- cover and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes
- whizz with a hand-held blender, adding about 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk* and serve.
Try it. It is to die for.
*Vegans replace with chosen dairy substitute. Unflavored soy would be nice.
- Recipe Box: Bok Choy Celeriac Soup with Avocado Crema (lavieenroute.com)
- Mashed Celeriac and Potato Recipe for the Boston Globe (latartinegourmande.com)