Soak overnight and cook 3/4 cup cannellini beans. After cooking, add a clove of minced garlic and let the beans stand for a day in the fridge in the remaining water (you want water to barely cover the beans, about the same amount of juice as would be in a can of cooked beans).
To prepare the salad, add to the beans and liquid, 1/4 cup each of the following, coarsely chopped:
- 1 coarsely chopped medium tomato
- 2 tablespoons golden linseed
- a pinch of dried, red-hot chilli
- a sprinkle coarsely ground salt (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- about 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups chopped arugula (it looks like 2 loosely packed cups, and after you chop it, it packs down to about a cup)
- a squeeze of lemon
Let stand about 2 hours before serving. Serve at room temperature.
- Cannellini Bean Salad (awahmomspointofview.wordpress.com)
- White Bean Cannellini Spread (clookbook.com)
- Sauteed Cannellini Beans and Kale (thesmartcookiecook.com)